Peter and I have a loose idea of where & when we’re headed. We would really love to run into friends at any stop along the way…
You: close friend who wants to crew with us and sleep on the boat–the quarter berth or v-berth will be yours! OR someone who wants to do an Airbnb or other accommodations on land and we will meet you, maybe take you out for a daysail, but mostly we will trek on land together!
Tentative Float Plan (en shallah…God willing)
- Chesapeake Bay–hitting all the favorite anchorages (maybe)
- Lively, VA
- Down ICW–hope for stops in Beaufort & Beaufort and lots of other towns as time & tide dictate.
- Miami (currently reading Joan Didion’s Miami she’s such a smart writer, packs tons into a sentence!)
- Bahamas (late October through late November)
- Turks/Caicos (Thanksgiving trip anyone??)
- Haiti (west coast, this is a little up in the air as weather patterns dictate)
- Colombia : Mainland Cities Santa Marta & Cartagena and North Coast (December through the holidays–ring in 2016 with us?)
- Colombia:: Islands of San Andres & Providencia
- Panama: Mainland (Jan-Feb) (come to hike with us!)
- Panama San Blas Islands
- Maybe some inland trips Costa Rica (might need a yoga retreat by then!), Inca ruins in Guatemala?
- Belize reefs
- Cuba (Spring Break in Cuba?) (big hopes here for official, official opening. Peter’s squeamish about taking the boat if not)
- Back up to US by June 1st
- NYC? (to our beloved 79th St Boat Basin perhaps?)
- Philadelphia by August 15, 2016 in time to return to school!